Community In Unity!
So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth. – Baha’U’Llah
Nowhere is this spirit and enthusiasm more apparent than during SCP’s two day festival featuring world-class entertainers, DJs, family friendly activities, and FINALLY a PARADE! Star City Pride brings together members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community, their friends, allies, and supporters in celebration of the unique spirit and culture of the LGBTQ community. Pride unites, educates, and engages people to support and empower the LGBTQ+ Community and our allies.
Join us this year for our big return starting with a pre-Pride celebration at The Graduate Hotel Thursday, June 16th. Then heading into Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18th at our festival location, Matt Lot 8 in the Haymarket,. Then post-Pride Brunch! We are so excited to offer both in-person and virtual options to participate in this year’s festivities including the parade.
Thursday, June 16
Pre-Pride @ the Graduate Hotels Scarlet Room
Networking, Art Auction & Stellar Awards 5pm-9pm Cash Bar and light snacks
Friday, June 17
Vendor Marketplace 4pm-9pm
Saturday, June 18
Parade 9am -1pm (Actual Start is 10am)
Festival 12pm- Midnight
Vendor Marketplace 12Pm- 8PM
Sunday, June 19
Post-Pride Drag Brunch
Noon at Longwells in the Haymarket
–SCP procedes will be donated directly to Juneteenth!
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- NUDITY is not permitted at the Parade following the city of Lincoln’s guidelines (this is NOT an SCP rule or the President’s rule, this is a city rule. Please don’t be “THAT” person who selfishly gets the parade cancelled for the foreseable future after we FINALLY have one in Lincoln)
- Any weapon, or item that could be used as a weapon, excluding umbrellas
- Any chemicals, poisons, and/or hazardous materials
- Any outside alcoholic beverages
- Any glass bottles
- Any food and drink, with the exception of one UNOPENED bottle of water, any size. EMPTY reusable bottles are permitted.
- Pets or animals, other than service assistant animals, or a vendor “Rescue Organization” that has a booth at the Festival. OR if you our pets participating in this year’s pet parade. No exceptions.
- Any drugs, other than prescription or consumer products in their original containers. You may not smoke cannabis in a public place per state law.
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Any tasers
- Any explosive devices
- Any incendiary devices
- Any Camelbaks/Hydration Packs
- No coolers
- Any other items that security determines will or could have an adverse effect on the event
Credit Cards are accepted for onsite admission and beverage sales.
If the admission price is economically taxing, FREE ADMISSION to the Festival may be arranged by becoming a PRIDE VOLUNTEER and volunteering a minimum of 3 hours.
Please Click HERE if you are interested in becoming a SCP FESTIVAL or PARADE volunteer.
- Volunteer FREE ENTRY!!! RULES, please read. There will be a list of volunteers for the day at the front gate to verify those who don’t pay cover on that day. You are allowed free entry to the festival on the day that you volunteer. Not for both days of the festival.
An ASL (American Sign Language) interpreter will be available at the Main Stage, speaker and community education. Please see our Information Booth near the Main Entrance for more information once you arrive.
Parking is available in nearby Haymarket parking structures.
Additional questions? email@example.com
ABOUT STAR CITY PRIDE
Star City Pride, a 501(c)3 non-profit, is an all-volunteer organization that produces the annual two-day Star City Pride festival, parade, Stellars, Play It With Pride Volleyball Tournament, and other fundraisers throughout the year. The Second largest Pride festival in Nebraska, we celebrate the LGBTQ+ community with a focus on inclusion, and work to educate the wider community that diversity builds a stronger and healthier society. Taking pride in what we have achieved since 2008, we strive to teach the future generations that the battle for acceptance continues. It is our mission to envision, plan and execute a roster of events and activities that are as diverse as the community itself, including activations centering on entertainment, events, arts, culture and civic and social engagement. www.starcitypride.org