Board Positions to be Filled - Star City Pride
- The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Corporation. The President, or next ranking officer in their absence, or another member in good standing appointed by the President, shall preside at all meetings of the Corporation and/or Board of Directors. This person shall have general and active management of the activities of the Corporation and shall carry into effect all directions and resolutions of the Corporation. All decisions related to activities, fiduciary matters, fundraising, and other Corporation business will be communicated to the President before any action is taken in any format, and the President will be responsible for disseminating or delegating dissemination of the information to the Board of Directors and/or the Corporation unless delegated to the Secretary for dissemination of information or as the Secretary delegates given the responsibility.
- The President shall, unless the Board of Directors otherwise provides, be an ex-officio member dof all subcommittees. They shall have other duties as may be prescribed elsewhere in these Bylaws or from time to time by the Corporation.
- The Treasurer shall have the principal responsibility for maintaining the financial and accounting records of the Corporation. The Treasurer shall have responsibility for the preparation of financial reports as the Corporation may require. The Treasurer shall perform other duties and have other authority as may be prescribed elsewhere in these Bylaws, by the Corporation or the President under whose direct supervision they shall work. The Treasurer shall have the general duties, powers, and responsibilities of a treasurer of a corporation.
- Required by the Board of Directors, the Treasurer shall give the Corporation a bond, in a sum and with one or more sureties satisfactory to the Board, for the faithful performance of the duties of their office and for the restoration to the Corporation, in the case of their death, resignation, retirement, or removal from office, of all books, papers, vouchers, money and other property of whatever kind in their possession or under their control that belong to the Corporation.
- Must pass a background check, precluding any misdemeanor, or felony regarding theft.
Sponsorship and Development Director
- The Sponsorship and Development Director shall serve to keep the Corporation financially sound by overseeing fundraising activities and developing relationships with donors and volunteers. They shall solicit individual and corporate donations/sponsorship, develop strategies to obtain grants, maintain database of donors and sponsors, work with Community Outreach Coordinator to foster all relationships built by the Corporation, and maintain, grow and strengthen all forms of social media for the Corporation.
- The Sponsorship and Development Director shall assist the other Board of Directors, if needed, to increase and grow advertising sales for the annual Pride Guide, vendor booth sales and food vendor booth sales for the annual Pride Festival, and advise the Board and Corporation of future fundraising strategies, campaigns and events.
- The Sponsorship and Development Director shall work closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator to ensure the Corporation’s voice, mission and strategy remain singular in focus to grow and strengthen the Corporation
Community Outreach Coordinator
- The Community Outreach Coordinator shall act as the representative of the Corporation that is responsible for building and fostering relationships with external partners to include local nonprofit organizations, businesses, churches, adjacent Pride Boards, and the overall LGBTQIA community of Nebraska. The Sponsorship and Development Director shall work closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator to ensure the Corporation’s voice, mission and strategy remain singular in focus to grow and strengthen the Corporation.
- The Community Outreach Coordinator shall play a large role, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to act in a public relations role on the development of posters, press releases, brochures and other marketing materials. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are called upon to build and maintain good relations with partners and stakeholders. The Coordinator role may also include attending trade shows and other venues such as universities, clubs, and civic groups, conducting informational presentations on behalf of the Corporation.
- The Community Outreach Coordinator shall also collaborate with the Secretary and the Entertainment Director in developing, maintaining, and growing the Corporation website.
- The Community Outreach Coordinator shall collaborate with the Secretary in overseeing all mass mailings and organize any Corporation travel.
- The Community Outreach Coordinator shall work closely with the Sponsorship and Development Director and the Entertainment Director to ensure the Corporation’s voice, mission and strategy remain singular in focus to grow and strengthen the Corporation.
To view all the Bylaws Click Here!